Elder Flower Ice Cream
Updated: Jul 1, 2019
1. Infuse 225ml milk with 6 elder flower heads for 24 hours, keeping the stalks out of the milk.
2. Strain out the elder flowers and put the milk in a pan.
3. Put 4 new elder flower heads, minus the green stalks, in the milk and bring to the boil.
4. In a bowl, mix 3 egg yolks with 100g of sugar and half a teaspoon of vanilla powder
5. Strain the hot milk into the bowl slowly and mix continuously.
6. Pour back into the pan and heat on a low heat, stirring until slightly thickened.
7. Slowly pour and mix 450ml of double cream into the custard.
8. Allow to cool.
9. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze.